- Via Coach
- Via Train
Please read our terms and conditions as they form the basis of a contract between you and us (TicketlineUK Ltd). The person who makes a booking will be accepting the terms and conditions on behalf of the whole party. It is this person’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are aware of and accept the whole of these terms and conditions.
Purchase of ticket(s) signifies agreement to the following:
- TicketlineUK Ltd sells tickets on behalf of and as an agent for the event promoter.
- Tickets are sold subject to the terms and conditions of the event promoter.
- All tickets are subject to a booking fee unless stated.
- All ticket sales are non-refundable and non-transferable once confirmed.
- There will be no refund given for any tickets lost, damaged or stolen or in any circumstance where the venue or event organiser should provide different seats to those specified on the tickets or ticket receipt themselves.
- All tickets are subject to availability
- Certain events will carry specific ticket purchasing limitations, which will be described in the event terms and conditions - These purchasing conditions must be strictly adhered to as they are an instruction from either the venue, the promoter or the event organiser. If a ticket limitation is not adhered to then the booking will be cancelled and refunded. An administration charge equal to the booking fee will be levied on the transaction.
- In the case of a cancelled or postponed event or if material changes are made to the event subsequent to us informing you of the relevant event details, namely a change of venue, start time or headline act, the original tickets that you have purchased will remain valid for the revised event (except for in the case of cancellation) unless otherwise advised. However, should you be unable to attend the revised event, only the face value of the tickets will be refunded upon instruction by the event’s promoters. For any refunds of face value given you will be first required to return the tickets to TicketlineUK Ltd upon the receipt of which we shall then begin to process the refund. All refunds shall be given using the same method of payment as was used to originally purchase the tickets. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the tickets are safely returned to us, we therefore strongly advise that tickets be sent by a secure method of postage or returned to us in person.
- In the case of a cancelled or postponed event or if material changes are made to the event subsequent to us informing you of the relevant event details, namely a change of venue, start time or headline act, then TicketlineUK will do its utmost to ensure that all purchasers are contacted and informed of the alterations using contact details provided when the booking was originally made. However it is the responsibilty of the purchaser to ascertain if an event is going ahead at the time, date and venue as advertised. TicketlineUK cannot guarantee that we will be able to contact you. TicketlineUK Ltd cannot be held responsible for any performance cancelled whatever the event and circumstance.
TicketlineUK will not refund purchaser transport costs in the event of a cancelled, postponed or changed event.